Tuesday, August 2, 2016

"Lion King" Caravan Tote

My first finish for the 3rd quarter of the Finish-A-Long is a present for my mother who celebrates a special birthday this year. 
The pattern I chose is the Caravan Tote by Noodlehead which Anna has also made in this gorgeous fabric.
As mum's star sign is Leo, I wanted to use some of the Cotton and Steel "August" fabric by Sarah Watts.
The Monarch Lion print is a lovely cotton/linen blended canvas fabric so it was perfect for the outside of the bag. 
I used a few of the other "August" prints for the lining along with some coordinating solids.
Although the zippered pocket is designed to keep crochet hooks/knitting needles, it is also handy for reading glasses, a mobile phone, and stationery items.
I have already made mum a Supertote using these "August" fabrics, but I don't think she will mind having another bag - you can never really have too many bags:)
And although Mum will be away for her actual birthday as she is currently on an Around the World cruise with my father, on her return I have a handmade gift all ready for her.
Linking up with Fabric Tuesday @ Quiltstory
Fresh Poppy Design
This was on my FAL Q3 list for this year so linking up with the 2016 FAL team.
2016 FAL
Kirsten.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sure your mum will love her new bag! No, one can never have too many bags!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!! I was inspired by your last Caravan Tote to buy the pattern back in May ... I still haven't got round to it. This has re-inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bag and I'm sure mum will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice bag! That lion fabric is fun but stylish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful and sure your mum will be overjoyed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet she's going to be thrilled with this present! Congratulations on your finish, and thank you, on behalf of the 2016 global FAL hosts, for taking part!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooohhhh - how very chic. Congratulations to the pretty and useful finish.

    ReplyDelete