Monday, August 11, 2014

A birthday bag...

A few weekends ago, I went to my local craft group gathering and took along a bag which I made as a gift for a friend who is celebrating a very special birthday this year.
The pattern is Anna @ Noodleheads "Super Tote" which I have made a few times before.  
The straps and gusset are in a dark blue denim which went well with the colours in the main fabric which is a really pretty print - almost like watercolour flowers.
And because the recipients favourite colour is green, I used a cute lime green spot for part of the lining and the recessed zipper tabs. 
This tote is such a good size - she said that she loaded the bag up and took it to work the next day.
Finish Along 2014
And another tick off my FAL Q3 list as this project was on my list of finishes for the Q3 FAL hosted by Katy @ The Littlest Thistle.
Fresh Poppy Design
Also linking up with Fabric Tuesday at Quiltstory.
Kirsten.

4 comments:

  1. wow factor - just love the style and shape of the bag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour choices Kirsten! And the photos are pretty too1

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome gift! It looks sturdy, useful and gorgeous. I love your colour choices.

    ReplyDelete